I’m originally from Sydney, Australia and have German and Japanese heritage. I have lived abroad for much of my adult life, mostly in London, as well as in Germany, Czechia, Indonesia and Iceland. Home is now Aotearoa New Zealand.
I have a B.A in Psychology from the University of Sydney and I trained in various stress and trauma healing techniques after I experienced a burnout that forced me to go beyond what the clinical world had to offer, in order to find effective and lasting help and healing in my life.
For many years I worked as a media executive at the BBC and as a self-employed multi-media creative producer. I burnt the candle at both ends. I didn’t realise the state of my body and my lifestyle had such a direct impact on my mental health. I also didn’t realise that I had trauma to heal.
It took ongoing back-pain, a burnout, a business failure, debt and a consequent early mid-life crisis to get me to take stock of my life.
I sought help from various experts over the years, from doctors, physical therapists, talk therapists and while I appreciated their work and expertise, none of them had the answers for me.
The first crucial step on my journey to healing was committing to re-build my life around my wellbeing.
I then went back to study and discovered valuable somatic tools and wisdom, including TRE®, mindfulness and so much more.
I now empower others on their own journey to heal and be wholeheartedly human.
B.A. Psychology – University of Sydney
Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism – London School of Journalism
Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Arts Therapy (2024) – Whitecliffe College
Diploma in Life Coaching (2024) – LCA
- Diploma in Dance Movement Therapy (DTAA Student Member)
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified MindBody Coach – The Embody Lab
- Certified TRE® Provider – TREforALL®
- Certified Reiki Level 1 & 2 Practitioner (Usui Reiki Ryoho & Usui Shiki Ryoho Lineages) – Reiki Academy London
- Certified Sports Massage Therapist – Body Balance Germany
- Add Heart® Facilitator – Heartmath Institute
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- PADI Openwater Scuba Instructor
- St John First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- St John Mental Health First Aid Certificate
Courses & Continuing Education
TRAUMA & HEALING
- Advanced Master Program on the Treatment of Trauma – NICABM
- The Neurobiology of Trauma – NICABM
- Integrative Somatic Parts Work Level 1, 2 & 3 – The Embody Lab
- Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate – The Embody Lab
- Healing Trauma with Dr Peter Levine – The Embody Lab
- Dr. Gabor Maté: A Masterclass Training For Healers
- Dr. Gabor Maté: Healing Trauma & Addiction
- The Art of Transparent Healing with Thomas Hübl
- A Mystics Guide To Transforming Stress with Thomas Hübl
NERVOUS SYSTEM HEALTH
- Overview of Polyvagal Theory for the Newly Acquainted with Stephen Porges and Deb Dana – Polyvagal Institute
- Polyvagal Theory: Principles & Practice for Individuals – Polyvagal Institute
- The Play Zone: A Neurophysiological Approach to Our Highest Performance – Polyvagal Institute
MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) – Brown University
- Mindfulness for Life – Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- Mindfulness Meditation – Jack Kornfield
- Zen Meditation – Mountains & Rivers Order / Zen Institute of NZ
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
WELLBEING & CREATIVITY
- Certificate in Mental Health & Nutrition – edX / University of Canterbury, NZ
- MetaMusic Training with Laura Inserra
- Intention Tapping Level 1 – Steve Wells, Psychologist
- Japanese Taiko Drumming – Tamashii Taiko UK
- Certificate in Fashion Photography – Central Saint Martins, University of The Arts London
- Certificate in Portrait Photography – Central Saint Martins, University of The Arts London
- Certificate in Studio Sound Engineering – SAE Institute Germany
- B.A. Architecture (1st Year) – University of Technology, Sydney
For my full CV and history:
“People say that what we are seeking is a meaning of life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking so much as an experience of being alive.”
– Joseph Campbell