MIND-BODY EDUCATOR & CERTIFIED TRE® PROVIDER
I’m originally from Sydney, Australia and have German and Japanese heritage. I have lived abroad for much of my adult life, mostly in London, as well as in Germany, Czechia, Indonesia and Iceland. Home is now Aotearoa New Zealand.
I have a B.A in Psychology from the University of Sydney and I trained in various stress and trauma healing techniques after I experienced a burnout that forced me to go beyond what the clinical world had to offer, in order to find effective and lasting help and healing in my life.
I didn’t realise the state of my body and my lifestyle had such a direct impact on my mental health. It took ongoing back-pain, a burnout, a business failure, debt and a consequent early mid-life crisis to get me to take stock of my life.
I sought help from various experts over the years, from doctors, physical therapists, talk therapists, complementary therapists, and while I appreciated their work and expertise, none of them had the answers for me.
The first crucial step on my journey to healing was committing to re-build my life around my wellbeing.
Then I discovered valuable somatic tools and wisdom, including TRE, mindfulness and so much more, which I realised were crucial for being wholeheartedly human.
I now share these valuable pieces of the puzzle so that everyone can experience the possibility of inner freedom and what it means to feel truly alive.
ABOVE ALL ELSE, I LOVE TO
Qualifications & Certifications
- B.A. Psychology – University of Sydney
- Diploma in Dance Movement Therapy – Dance Therapy Training Aotearoa (currently 1st Year student)
- Certified TRE® Practitioner – Freedom Within Wellness / TREforALL®
- Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate – The Embody Lab
- MindBody Coaching Certificate – The Embody Lab (currently studying)
- Integrative Somatic Parts Work Levels 1 – 3 – The Embody Lab (currently studying)
- Certified Reiki Level 1 & 2 Practitioner (Usui Reiki Ryoho & Usui Shiki Ryoho Lineages) – Reiki Academy London
- Certified Sports Massage Therapist – Body Balance Germany
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism – London School of Journalism
- Certificate in Studio Sound Engineering – SAE Institute Germany
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- PADI Openwater Scuba Instructor
- St John First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- St John Mental Health First Aid Certificate
Courses & Continuing Education
- Certificate in Mental Health & Nutrition – edX / University of Canterbury, NZ
- Healing Trauma with Dr Peter Levine – The Embody Lab
- Dr. Gabor Maté: A Masterclass Training For Healers
- Dr. Gabor Maté: Healing Trauma & Addiction
- Mindfulness for Life – Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- Mindfulness Meditation – Jack Kornfield
- Zen Meditation – MRO / Zen Institute of NZ
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Overview of Polyvagal Theory for the Newly Acquainted with Stephen Porges and Deb Dana – Polyvagal Institute
- Polyvagal Theory: Principles & Practice for Individuals – Polyvagal Institute
- The Play Zone: A Neurophysiological Approach to Our Highest Performance – Polyvagal Institute
- The Art of Transparent Healing with Thomas Hübl
- A Mystics Guide To Transforming Stress with Thomas Hübl
- MetaMusic Training with Laura Inserra
- Intention Tapping Level 1 – Steve Wells, Psychologist
“People say that what we are seeking is a meaning of life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive.”
– Joseph Campbell