EDUCATOR & CERTIFIED TRE® PROVIDER
I’m originally from Sydney, Australia and have German and Japanese heritage. I have lived abroad for much of my adult life, mostly in London, as well as in Germany, Czechia, Indonesia and Iceland. Home is now Aotearoa New Zealand.
I have a B.A in Psychology from the University of Sydney and I trained in various stress and trauma healing techniques after I experienced a burnout that forced me to go beyond what the clinical world had to offer, in order to find effective and lasting help and healing in my life.
I didn’t realise the state of my body and my lifestyle had such a direct impact on my mental health. It took ongoing back-pain, a burnout, a business failure, debt and a consequent early mid-life crisis to get me to take stock of my life.
I sought help from various experts over the years, from doctors, physical therapists, talk therapists, complementary therapists, and while I appreciated their work and expertise, none of them had the answers for me.
The first crucial step on my journey to healing was committing to re-build my life around my wellbeing.
Once I was well on that journey, I stumbled across TRE. None of it made much sense to me at first, but I signed up for a course nonetheless. It was life changing. It was the missing piece of the puzzle that I had needed and I kept wondering why I hadn’t been taught all of this when I was at school.
I want to help share this with wonderful tool with as many people as possible because it’s such an essential part of being human.
As I’ve been sharing TRE with people from around the world, I’ve witnessed how working with the body can be so transformative. As a result, I’ve become increasingly fascinated with non-verbal ways of healing and being. I am currently studying Dance & Movement Therapy to explore this further.
ABOVE ALL ELSE, I LOVE TO
Qualifications & Certifications
- B.A. Psychology – University of Sydney
- Diploma Dance Movement Therapy (2024) – Dance Therapy Training Aotearoa
- Certified TRE® Practitioner – Freedom Within Wellness / TREforALL®
- Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate – The Embody Lab
- Certified Reiki Level 1 & 2 Practitioner (Usui Reiki Ryoho & Usui Shiki Ryoho Lineages) – Reiki Academy London
- Certified Sports Massage Therapist – Body Balance Germany
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism – London School of Journalism
- Certificate in Studio Sound Engineering – SAE College Munich
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- PADI Openwater Scuba Instructor
- St John First Aid Level 2 Certificate
- St John Mental Health First Aid Certificate
Courses & Continuing Education
- Healing Trauma with Dr Peter Levine – The Embody Lab
- Dr. Gabor Maté: A Masterclass Training For Healers
- Dr. Gabor Maté: Healing Trauma & Addiction
- Mindfulness for Life – Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- Mindfulness Meditation – Jack Kornfield
- Zen Meditation – MRO / Zen Institute of NZ
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Overview of Polyvagal Theory for the Newly Acquainted with Stephen Porges and Deb Dana – Polyvagal Institute
- Polyvagal Theory: Principles & Practice for Individuals – Polyvagal Institute
- The Play Zone: A Neurophysiological Approach to Our Highest Performance – Polyvagal Institute
- The Art of Transparent Healing with Thomas Hübl
- A Mystics Guide To Transforming Stress with Thomas Hübl
- MetaMusic Training with Laura Inserra
- Intention Tapping Level 1 – Steve Wells, Psychologist
Underneath all the mess and struggle of our lives, underneath all the tension and stress, lies joy and inner freedom, just sitting there waiting to be discovered. Finding it is an exercise of de-cluttering, from the inside out.
– CHRISTINE WEHRMEIER
CHECK OUT MY
More To Life is a podcast that dives deep into wholehearted conversations about life, wellbeing and purpose. We discuss the realities, challenges and delights of being human. And we explore the idea that there is always more to life than our current experience of it. When seen this way, life invites us to discover and play with what it means to be alive, right here, right now.