I’m originally from Sydney, but I have spent over 15 years living in London as well as Germany, Czech Republic, Indonesia and I now live in Iceland.
I worked at BBC Studios for 11 years but I left my life as a Sales Manager in TV Sales & Distribution to run my own lifestyle & wedding photography business and start a web design business called Kokoro Creative. I am also a recording artist & producer (aka Michiko).
I have a deep passion for nature, healing, philosophy and creativity which has manifested itself recently in the launch of my podcast called “Moments In Sound“. This podcast series is an exploration of places and presence through sound. It’s available on Spotify and iTunes.
I am a contributor to Getty Images & Alamy. My images have appeared in various publications including Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, DK Witness travel guides, Scandinavian Traveller Magazine, Bloomberg, Washington Post, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Guardian, E-Online and many more, including several book covers. My wedding photography has been featured in many wedding blogs including Rock My Wedding, Rock N Roll Bride, Boho Weddings, London Bride and Whimsical Wonderland Weddings.
My music albums (published under my artist name Michiko) have been published on Spotify, iTunes, Pandora and all major digital platforms. I have co-written singles with 3Balearos and been remixed by Lemongrassmusic. I also have a podcast celebrating the natural sounds around us, called Moments in Sound, available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- Passion Distribution, Sales Manager (2017 – 2018)
- BBC Worldwide, Senior Sales Executive (2003 – 2014)
- B.A Psychology (University of Sydney) 2000
- Studio Sound (SAE College Munich) 2001
- Dipl. Journalism (London School of Journalism) 2012
- Sports massage Certification, Body Balance Massage & Wellness Germany, 2002
- Openwater Scuba Instructor, PADI, 2007
- Reiki First Degree Certfication, The Reiki Academy London, 2017
- Reiki Second Degree Certfication, The Reiki Academy London, 2018
- Trainee TRE provider (Completion in 2021)