Hello, I’m Christine
I was born and raised in Sydney, Australia. I’m half German, half Japanese. I’ve spent most of my adult life living in London, but also in Germany, Czechia, Indonesia and now Iceland.
Issues around identity, being an outsider, the feelings of not belonging, not being accepted for who I am and being misunderstood is something I know all too well. Likewise the importance of being true to ourselves, owning our stories and finding our own voices are themes I have explored deeply.
Travel and moving abroad were for a long time my way to try and escape the trauma of my childhood and to figure out who I was underneath it all. But because I coped so well through it all, I didn’t believe my pain was valid.
I moved to so many different cities before I eventually realised the perfect place where I could feel completely at home just didn’t exist. Because the place I needed to feel most at home was simply within myself.
Over the years I had more and more health issues that the medical profession couldn’t help me with. My chronic back pain and sciatica started when I was teenager and kept getting worse. I had various auto-immune diseases that would come and go. It never occurred to me they were all linked.
My midlife crisis and burnout provided the opportunity to finally process everything and to start my healing journey. And to discover what coming home to my body really feels like.
This is when I started my life all over again.
It wasn’t clear to me what my options were or what I needed to do to start healing and changing my life. So I just started trying everything.
Interestingly, the one thing that didn’t help me was counselling or psychotherapy, which may have a lot to do with finding the right person, but I had seen several therapists over the years. I definitely needed compassionate support, but I felt more profoundly safe and seen in other healing spaces.
I tried all kinds of holistic therapies, healing sessions, took many courses, read lots of books. Eventually my partner and I also gave up our old corporate jobs, sold our things and moved to an island to be close to nature and live simply. Slowly the healing just happened.
My back pain disappeared, which felt like a miracle because no amount of physiotherapy, osteopathy, pilates or yoga had ever helped. My energy started to feel lighter, I stopped feeling so inert all the time. The illnesses stopped, my digestion is great. Emotionally the transformation has been huge. I feel like a new person, or a much more expanded version of who I used to be. I’ve come a long way.
My transition to becoming a practitioner and teacher happened slowly and naturally. I now provide the kind of healing sessions, knowledge and tools that helped me most, and that I have seen has helped transform the lives of my clients also.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Programme (Completion Dec 2021)
- Certified TRE® Practitioner – Freedom Within Wellness
- Certified Reiki Level 2 Practitioner – (Usui Reiki Ryoho & Usui Shiki Ryoho Lineages) Reiki Academy London
- Massage Therapist – Body Balance Germany
- Diploma in Journalism – London School of Journalism (LSJ)
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- PADI Openwater Scuba Instructor
- Certificate in Studio Sound Engineering – SAE College Munich
- B.A Psychology – University of Sydney
Courses & Training:
MetaMusic Training with Laura Inserra
Healing Trauma with Dr Peter Levine
- Dr. Gabor Maté: A Masterclass Training For Healers
- Dr. Gabor Maté: Healing Trauma & Addiction
- The Art of Transparent Healing with Thomas Hübl
- A Mystics Guide To Transforming Stress with Thomas Hübl
- Mindfulness for Life – Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- Intention Tapping Level 1 – Steve Wells, Psychologist
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realise that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.
– Eckhart Tolle
CHECK OUT MY
KOKORO HEALING SPACE
I am the founder of Kokoro Healing Space, an online community dedicated to helping to educate people about how create inner space to heal and to thrive.